Here are the top ten articles for the Math Site! These rankings are live and get reset at the beginning of each month, so check back often to see what your fellow visitors are most interested in!
1. Math Read Aloud - Spookley - the Square Pumpkin
One day in the pumpkin patch the strangest little pumpkin hatched.... Spookley the Square Pumpkin was different. All the other pumpkins teased him, until Spookley proved that being different can save the day!
2. Multiplication Tips - 2s, 4s, 8s
Strategies to reinforce multiplication facts for 2s, 4s, and 8s
3. Measurement - Word Search Puzzle
A combination of word search and fill-in the blanks for a measurement review.
4. Math Mnemonics - Memory Tips
Mnemonic is a memory aid used to make a connection between what you know and what you want or need to know. This article will share mnemonics and other memory tips for math.
5. Skin So Soft Bath Oil - Better Buy?
After learning a little history, readers run into some Skin So Soft Math Encounters:
• Adding, subtracting, multiply, dividing with decimals
• Find the better buy … unit cost
6. What is a Fact Family?
Fact families explained for parents.
7. How to Calculate Tips at a Restaurant
You just finished having a delicious meal. In addition to verbal compliments, you desire to give a tip, but you aren't certain how to calculate it. Here are few ways to simply calculate tips for dinner.
8. Intro to Algebra Crossword Puzzle- 1
Crossword puzzle to review real numbers and Introductory Algebra vocabulary
9. GCF and LCM by Prime Factorization
A straight forward way to find the greatest common factor (GCF) and least common multiple (LCM) using prime factorization. Article includes examples and on-line practice.
10. Amount Saved? Any 2 or More
It sounds like a good deal, but how much do I save? or I wondered what percent did I save. Let's take a look at the sales offer, "Any 2 or More for ..."
Be sure to visit the Math Archives
for all the articles!
Editor's Picks ArticlesTop Ten ArticlesPrevious FeaturesSite Map